Thursday, December 10, 2015

Final Reflective Post

     My experiences in EME204 have been great! I really enjoy the fact that we were able to do a lot of independent work but still get feed back from our peers as well as Professor Coleman. The textbook was helpful in getting our blog posts done and I like the fact that we weren't meant to read it every night like some other classes. The discussions that we did were very interesting because you were able to see how everyone interpreted what we were supposed to be reading and you were able to see their views on certain topics. I did confused a couple of times when we were having little group discussions in class about what we were supposed to be talking about but once it was explained another time, I understood what we were supposed to be discussing. I found the assignments to be very helpful in letting us be independent and figuring out how to work with certain websites on our own and see how creative we could get with them.
      I learned a lot of technology tools while in this course that I hope to be able to incorporate into my future classroom. While we did learn about a lot of different tools, my favorite was definitely the Kahoot. I found this tool to be very interactive and useful for students,and it does not matter if they have a cell phone to connect with or not because they are able to join the class on a computer. This would probably be a good thing to do if my class had a computer lab time or if I had computers in my classroom. The thing that I like the most about this tool is that the students are able to choose whichever answer they think is correct and if they are wrong, it is okay because it will not show which answer the students chose by name. If a student does get a question wrong, you can address the whole class and explain why the correct answer fits the question better than the other choices.
      I think Professor Coleman did a very good job at meeting all of the learning outcomes/objectives that were put out in the beginning of the semester. In every assignment we were supposed to do, there was always a learning outcome attached to it. I really appreciated the fact that Professor Coleman laid out what assignments we were going to do and what we were going to be learning from doing each assignment. It really helped us prepare ourselves for what we were going to be learning and doing in each assignment. I definitely feel that every one who is going into the teaching profession should take this course because it gives future teachers a lot of fun ideas to bring to their students and helps them interact within the classrooms. I really enjoyed taking this course and will definitely recommend it to any of my friends who are looking to be teachers.
                                                    Canva created by: Skyler Cassin
 Maloy, R. (2011). Expressing Creativity with Multimedia Technologies. In Transforming learning with new technologies (Second ed., pp. 216-241). Boston: Pearson/Allyn and Bacon.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your reflective comments - I appreciate your thoughts about how you might use some of your learning in your future classroom. Kahoot is a fun one, indeed. There will be so many new things by the time you are ready to take over your own classroom, so keep your eyes open! :) I know your feelings about technology were shall we say less enthusiastic than others at the beginning of the class and I hope that you will continue to stay open minded about the opportunities to use tech when applicable to enhance pedagogy. Good luck as you continue to pursue your teaching career. :)

    ReplyDelete